Join IG founder Jennifer Harvey Sallin as she talks with psychologist and coach Aurora Remember Holtzman in this podcast interview on Aurora's Embracing Your Intensity podcast for gifted women.
If you feel like no one has ever understood you or has compassion towards your experience with giftedness, then this episode is for you. Jennifer is gifted in both intellect and empathy, intensely passionate about finding ways to encourage and grow gifted adults, and uniquely able to shed some light on what the gifted experience is like. Aurora and Jennifer spend some time covering everything from experiences in church, to fostering a gifted spirit in their youth, to the ways that human cognition can both hinder and help our work and personal life. Jennifer gets it.
Listen in as Aurora and Jennifer discuss:
- The ways Jennifer learned to live well with her own mind.
- How music and other creative outlets play into intellectual intensity.
- Why panic and other emotional disorders are linked to the Gifted Adult experience.
- Creating an identity as a Gifted individual, and how that can change everything.
- Ways to adjust your life to embrace Giftedness, from career shifts to relational moves.
- Opportunities to connect to other Gifted adults through Intergifted and other online forums.
- What it means to be a “Meta-Thinker,” “Skip Thinker,” and “Linear Thinker.”
Join Aurora's League of Excitable Women on Facebook
Learn more about Jennifer’s Coaching
Aurora's Power Zone Toolkit
Don’t Panic by Reid Wilson
Living With Intensity by Susan Daniels and Michael M. Piechowski
The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb