UPCOMING WORKSHOPS, COURSES & GROUPS
MINDFULNESS FOR GIFTED PEOPLE: FOUNDATIONS COURSE
With: Kelly Pryde, InterGifted Coach & Mentor & Founder of The Gifted Mindfulness Collective
When & Where: Next course starting in late January 2019; on zoom.us
How often: 6 sessions, once a week (dates/times determined with participants)
Spots available: 10
Session length: 1.5 hours per session
Cost: 550 CHF total
GOAL AND STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE:
This course is returning in January 2019 as part of our Gifted Mindfulness Collective partner project with Kelly Pryde. It is designed for gifted people who are ready to learn to connect with themselves authentically and support their intensities skillfully through the practice of mindfulness. It will help you cultivate a new relationship with yourself: think of it as “Gifted Self-Care 2.0”! Kelly will give you gifted-specific support to help you build the foundation for developing a personal practice. Sessions include thematic discussions, experiential exercises, a variety of mindfulness practices and homework assignments (to support your practice between sessions).
- Understanding mindfulness within the context of the gifted brain
- (Re)discovering intimacy with and authenticity of the gifted self
- Cultivating positive mind states that foster creativity, flow and intuition
- Learning the basics of somatic experiencing and meeting one’s gifted self with kindness
- Working skillfully with difficult feelings common to gifted people
- Cultivating compassion for the self and sustainable compassion for others
- 3 months free access to the Gifted Mindfulness Collective online practice community (includes brief daily meditations to support your practice, live community gatherings with gifted peers, and discussion forum)
- Unlimited access to guided audio meditations used in course
- Personalized coaching + support between sessions
"Taking Kelly's was an absolute delight. She designed an interdisciplinary approach, from poetry, to neuroscience, to Buddhist psychology to allow us to enter step by step into this big concept that is mindfulness. Each session was accompanied by a practice, which allowed us to directly apply what we had learned conceptually on that day. Kelly was very open to discussing the topics with the participants and she even redesigned the last session to better fit our needs and to answer the questions that we had raised! She provided us with very useful tools to calm the much solicited limbic system of our gifted minds, and to reach a state of peace and compassion. It is only the beginning of the journey for me but taking this course Kelly allowed me to start! Thank you!" --Cécile
INDIVIDUAL MINDFULNESS COACHING:
If you are unable or not ready to participate in the group setting, Kelly also offers mindfulness support for gifted people on an individual basis. If you're interested in exploring the possibilities with her, write us to schedule a free intro chat.
Email us to schedule an exploratory chat with Kelly
or to register!
About Kelly Pryde, Ph.D.
Kelly is a neuropsychologist, coach and mentor specializing in giftedness and mindfulness-based approaches to living well with intensity. She lives in Canada and works with people of all ages to help them support their unique inner experience and thrive. Kelly is the founder of the Gifted Mindfulness Collective ― an InterGifted partner project. Feel free to get in touch with her to schedule a session!
GIFTED PSYCHOLOGY 101
With: InterGifted founder & director Jennifer Harvey Sallin
When & Where: Psychologists' course starting mid-January 2019; Coaches' course starting in late February or early March 2019 - we meet on zoom.us
How often: Psychologists' course is once a month for 6 months; Coaches' course is once a month for 12 months (monthly schedule determined together with participants to accommodate everyone’s availability)
Style: This course is a blend between professional development and personal development (and in the case of the psychologists' group, supervision sessions). The style is peer-oriented and welcomes lively discussion.
Spots available: up to 8 spots per group (the psychologists' group is full; there are currently two spots left in the coaches' group)
Session length: 2 hours per live session, plus extensive homework and session prep required
Cost: 225 CHF per session
This course is for coaches or to-be coaches who would like to be well-equipped to serve their gifted clients, and who would benefit from an overview of the aspects of psychology most relevant to being prepared as a coach. Themes include (all gifted-specific) over 12 sessions:
- The Benefits of and Difference Between Coaching, Mentoring + Therapy for Gifted Individuals
- The Gifted Brain, Giftedness Identification & Levels, Twice Exceptionality
- Personality Development Models
- Trauma + Trauma Healing
- Family Dynamics + Relationships
- Common Therapeutic Models
- Therapeutic Dynamics
- Personal + Spiritual Development
- Career Psychology
- Positive Psychology + Promoting Mental Health
FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS (AND OTHER PROFESSIONALS TRAINED IN RELATED FIELDS):
This course is for psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists, counselors, or social workers who already have training in at-least basic psychology or a related field and would like to be well-equipped to serve their gifted clients in their practice. Themes include (all gifted-specific) over 6 sessions:
Recognizing giftedness in clients
- How to recognize and evaluate giftedness, giftedness levels, and unique giftedness profiles
- How to bring up and address giftedness with a client
- How to overcome resistance to the idea
- Resources for client self-discovery inside and outside of therapy
Most common problem areas for gifted clients
- Social troubles
- Lack of peers
- Lack of recognition
- Romantic relational troubles
- Trauma / Complex Trauma
- Twice-exceptionality, Misdiagnoses + most common gifted/psychopathology overlaps
- How to best guide and support + resources
Therapeutic dynamics with gifted clients
- How to fully engage with gifted clients
- How to handle the overexcitabilities and intensity in sessions
- How to handle differences in giftedness levels between psychologist and client
- How to have good boundaries and when to use self-disclosure with gifted clients
- How to work with client when the psychologist is triggered by his/her own gifted issues
- When to see breakdown as positive disintegration, and when to see it as "clinical"; how to best help in both cases
- How therapy, coaching and mentoring can all help a gifted client, and when each is appropriate
- Common therapeutic trajectories for clients and how to help them transition from therapy to other forms of support
- Client drop out and how to maintain engagement
Gifted personal & career development
- Common gifted career dilemmas and how to approach them
- Helpful resources for gifted career exploration
- Giftedness and creativity
- Giftedness and spirituality/religion
- Tools of positive psychology for gifted self-development
Understanding & working with special populations
- Children, teens & adults
- Prison populations
- Twice-exceptional clients
INDIVIDUAL STUDY & PRIVATE MENTORING:
There is also an individual-study option for both of these courses which includes individualized mentoring for where you are in your practice. There is currently a waiting list for these sessions, but you can email Jen to express your interest and get on her wait list.
Here's what some of our course participants have said about Jen's courses:
"The GP101, as it is fondly known by its students, is jam-packed with content yet taught with the meta-perspective that all gifted people crave. It has been invaluable in preparing and training me as a new coach for the challenging yet amazing psychological intensities and complexities of working with gifted, twice- and multi-exceptional adults. Yet it was also highly transformative on a personal level as well, for as we all know, in order to execute one’s role as a coach well, one must also do the work on oneself and this course has definitely given me greater insight into not only my own development and processes, past and present, but also opens a window towards cultivating greater understanding and compassion for all of humanity, in all its diversity." -- Silver Huang, wwww.silverhuang.com
"My knowledge of giftedness, psychology and coaching has increased manifold – I now feel many times more competent and comfortable in my role as coach...And that was the professional side of things. For as it happens, during this past year of Psych 101, I seem to have undergone a complete, personal transformation. I’ve read some of the most life-transforming books I’ve ever read. The homework included some of the most important psychological work I’ve ever done – for me, personally. As friend, partner, parent. And just for how I wake up in the morning, welcome the day and what it brings, and then welcome the night when its time to sleep. I feel “upgraded”, if that makes sense. I’d do it all again, any day." --Miriam van der Valk, www.filoprax.com
Email Jen to join or express interest!
About Jennifer Harvey Sallin
Jennifer is the founder of InterGifted and is a psychologist, coach and mentor who specializes in providing training and mentoring for gifted coaches and other helping professionals who support the gifted; in performing giftedness assessments; and in mentoring profoundly gifted adults. She writes extensively on giftedness and self-development and you can find her articles here on InterGifted’s blog and on her own blog at Rediscovering Yourself. She is based in Switzerland and works with gifted adults throughout the world. You can learn more about her here, and feel free to reach out!
GIFTED WRITERS WORKSHOP
With: InterGifted Writing Coach Jan Provoost
When & Where: Next workshops starting February and April 2019; on zoom.us
How often: 5 sessions, once every 5 weeks (schedule determined with participants depending on how everyone's writing proceeds)
Spots available: 4-5 total per group (the February group currently has one spot for a writer in a non-English native language)
Session length: 1.5 hours per session
Cost: 590 CHF total
GOAL AND STRUCTURE OF THE WORKSHOP:
- Understanding the writing process for gifted people
- Developing a unique, truthful writer’s voice
- Finding inspiration, everywhere
- Experimenting with structure, language, style, and perspective
- Selecting one’s readers and communicating with them
- Submitting writing to a public, including autobiographic writing
- Giving & receiving constructive feedback
Writing is a craft. It takes practice and patience, countless rewrites, and many, many hours alone at your computer. Having a group of gifted peer writers who get you and how your unusual mind works, who give you inspiration and feedback, and who push you to meet deadlines is an invaluable part of the process. If you’re interested to join, would like to learn more, or schedule an exploratory chat with Jan, write us below.
INDIVIDUAL WRITING COACHING:
If you are unable or not ready to participate in the group setting at this time, Jan also offers writing support for gifted writers on an individual basis. If you're interested in exploring the possibilities with him, write us to schedule a free intro chat.
Email us to join or to schedule an exploratory chat!
About Jan Provoost
Jan is highly gifted, an introverted multipotentialite who has writing and reading among his many passions. As a professional science writer, he reports on technological advances in such varied domains as artificial intelligence, neuro-electronics and solar cells. In private, his writing and reading also include mystery and beauty, the past and future, autobiography and memory, the color blue, and more. He's currently working toward becoming a public speaker and climate change activist. As an InterGifted Writing Coach, he supports gifted writers to develop their content and unique writing voice. Jan is based in Leuven, Belgium and works with writers all over the world. Feel free to reach out!
OTHER RECURRING WORKSHOPS, GROUPS & COURSES
Contact us to get on the waiting list for future offerings
LEGITIMIZING YOUR GIFTED NEEDS
This workshop with InterGifted Founder Jennifer Harvey Sallin is about taking inventory of and legitimizing your gifted needs. Since gifted people are often told that their standards are too high and unrealistic by others who don't understand that gifted people have uncommon needs, this may lead them to deny or judge their own needs and try to live without getting them met. In addition to the material presented, there's an emphasis on interaction and learning through each other's experiences. These sessions hold rich, thoughtful and insightful discussions with your gifted peers and have sparked major insights and life changes for many of our participants. We meet on zoom.us with video and audio (you may attend with audio only, if you prefer).
This workshop helps you look at:
- how your gifted-specific needs have been minimized or unmet by others (and maybe sometimes yourself!)
- how you can get a better understanding of these uncommon needs
- how you can get these uncommon needs met in a non-gifted dominant world
- how you can better communicate your gifted needs so that others can respond in positive ways.
GIFTED MULTIPOTENTIALITES GROUP
This six-session group with InterGifted Coach & Mentor Marion Kee is for gifted multipotentialites who are ready to understand and embrace their uniquely kaleidoscopic minds and carve out an unconventional and fulfilling path for themselves based on their passions and their real-world contextual considerations.
- Understanding multipotentiality (looking at the research, resources on giftedness and creativity)
- Envisioning and shaping a balanced and fulfilling life as a gifted multipotentialite
- Career/job/school issues as a gifted multipotentialite; expectations, achievement and moving on
- The challenges of multipotentiality in relationships and family life; communication and negotiation
- Keeping a positive self-image in a world that doesn’t necessarily understand the gifted multipotential path and value; understanding our needs, honoring and accommodating the drive to develop
- Next steps, practical considerations, planning for ongoing support, suggestions for further reading
Marion is also available for individualized coaching and mentoring for gifted multipotentialites, so if you'd be interested in exploring either joining her next group or working with her in private coaching, email us!
About Marion Kee
Marion is a profoundly gifted multipotentialite who has worked in a variety of fields throughout her professional life including research computer science and teaching philosophy in academia - always with writing and music having strong place in her life. As an InterGifted coach and mentor, she now supports other gifted youth and adults who are building or navigating their own creative careers and unique life mosaic. She is based in the US and works with clients all over the world.
This four-part course with InterGifted Coach & Mentor gets to the heart of relational issues for gifted people. Many of us struggle to feel connected and to form the kind of meaningful social and romantic relationships we deeply desire. This comes as a result of multiple factors: our intensity and complexity may be misinterpreted and misunderstood and we may lack the kind of mirroring we need to understand ourselves well enough to know how and with whom we could truly connect. In this course, relational issues will be turned “inside out” as we explore the dynamics of self-relationship, and apply the tools of self-validation and non-violence to our inner worlds. With a positive self-relationship as a foundation, we then shift our focus to the external world to explore how you can cultivate a supportive ecosystem of connection, and how to refine your relational skills so you can bridge gaps of difference with others in your life.
Part 1: The Relationship with Self
Part 2: Cultivating our Relational Ecosystem
Part 3: How Connection Fuels Maturity + Development
Part 4: Communication, Negotiation and Agreements
Learn more about the course in the course overview: wholeness-based-relating-module-overview
Karin is also available for individualized coaching and mentoring for gifted adults working on relational issues and building up their self-validation and relational skills, so if you'd be interested in exploring either joining her next course or working with her in private coaching, email us!
About Karin Eglinton
Karin is a mentor and coach for highly, exceptionally and profoundly gifted (HEPG) people. Guided by holistic and systemic principles, she supports clients in their full, emergent unfolding. She helps clients discover how they can weave the big picture of their meta-cognition into concrete, creative action, harness their potential, and thrive in the world. She is based in Germany and works with clients around the world.