IQ scores don't directly help you understand how your (gifted) mind works or the various nuances of your unique gifted profile - that's where a qualitative assessment comes in. Qualitative assessments with InterGifted help you look at whether you are gifted, and if so, what your unique gifted profile is. A qualitative assessment is beneficial for your self-understanding and unlocks doors for legitimizing, accepting, and empowering yourself on your self-awareness journey. As it is qualitative only, our process does not include testing of any kind. The process consists of written preparation and a two-hour live discussion. Our assessors have extensive experience working with gifted, twice-exceptional and multi-exceptional adults, and they are themselves gifted (and multi-exceptional). Read what our assessment clients say about what they've gained from their assessment with us.
WHAT WE EVALUATE
A qualitative assessment looks at giftedness based on cognitive, thought, and emotional patterns. Via your preparatory work and our live assessment discussion with you, we combine our professional knowledge with an exploration of your mind space in order to understand the way your mind works. Our assessments take a full-picture look at your unique profile including:
- your level of giftedness
- your areas of intelligence and how they work together most naturally for you
- any possible twice- or multi-exceptionalities
- how environmental and social support, resources, and opportunities (or lack thereof) have helped or hindered your ability to express essential parts of your gifted mind and self fully
- how other complicating factors such as trauma history and chronic physical or mental health issues have affected your ability to express your gifted mind and self fully
- as appropriate, a clarifying discussion about the difference between external evidence of giftedness (such as good grades and eminence) vs. the inner reality of giftedness which may not be expressed in traditionally externalized ways
ABOUT THE ASSESSMENT PROCESS
- Our assessment sessions are two hours long and are held virtually on zoom.us and include an in-depth discussion about all of the aspects of one's cognitive profile listed above. Prior to the session, we will send you pre-assessment reading and have you submit notes and answers to questions about your personal history - this information will be used in our assessment of your profile, as well as in our discussion with you.
- We provide our assessment of your profile verbally during the session; we do not provide assessment reports.
- All of our assessments include personalized recommendations for resources to explore in order to better understand your particular gifted mind and expression, and to resolve related conflicts or challenges. Based on your unique profile, needs, and personal goals, we provide recommendations for the next steps on your self-discovery journey, which can span from research to social resources to coaching and therapy recommendations. All assessments are tailored to each individual client, as are our resource recommendations.
- Some clients choose to schedule additional assessment discussion sessions to further explore more specific aspects of the initial assessment discussion, such as how twice-exceptionalities or other factors affect giftedness expression or how one can best manage one's energy based on their gifted profile; however the first assessment session gives a thorough overview of giftedness level(s), areas of intelligence, possible twice-exceptionalities, and resources and recommendations for personal development based on one's unique profile.
- For people who have trouble participating in the usual assessment process, we do have an option for adapted assessment processes tailored to your situation. We work with you to determine how that process goes and what that translates to in terms of time and cost.
- To get an idea of what you can expect from the assessment process, you can read about the experiences of our clients here.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU'RE READY FOR AN ASSESSMENT WITH US?
If you feel excited to learn about your cognitive profile and to apply that knowledge actively in your personal development process, you are ready for an assessment with us! If you feel resistant to or scared or even angry about getting assessed, it is probably not the right time to take this step in your developmental journey. You may need to work toward feeling safe, connected, and hopeful before engaging in the assessment process. If that's the case, we can support you in that process via helping you find a gifted-specific therapist or connecting you with one of our coaches. If you're simply feeling unsure of your best next step, we recommend an orienting session, in which one of our coaches will help you take inventory of your current situation and needs, and will help you make a plan forward. You can learn more about orienting sessions on our coaching page.
ABOUT OUR ASSESSORS, COSTS & LOGISTICS
- Assessments with InterGifted's Founding Director Jennifer Harvey Sallin cost 725 Swiss Francs, and can be conducted in English, French or Italian. Jennifer typically has an 8-10 month waiting list.
- Assessments with our assessor Silver Huang cost 775 Australian Dollars, and are conducted in English. You can schedule directly with Silver via her online scheduler.
- Assessments with our new assessor Karin Eglinton cost 480 Euros, and are conducted in English.
- Assessments with trainee assessors Merlin Györy and Kelly Pryde are currently in their experiential training period. During this period, their assessment fee is 400 Swiss Francs, and they have immediate availability. All of their training-period assessments are supervised by Silver Huang and overseen by Jennifer Harvey Sallin.
- Adapted/Customized Assessments: cost and logistics are determined together with you.
ANSWERS TO FAQs
- Our assessments are qualitative, not quantitative; so we do not do IQ testing (or any other form of testing). You do not need to have an IQ score in order for us to carry out an assessment. If you have an IQ score from a previous test, we may factor that into our qualitative assessment, however it is not a necessary requirement.
- You do not need to be sure that you are gifted before having an assessment. If you are unsure, we help you evaluate that and can still provide resources and suggestions for next steps, even if you discover that you are not gifted via our assessment.
- We base our assessments on our training, years of experience working with and assessing gifted clients, as well as our research knowledge on giftedness, twice-/multi-exceptionality, and gifted-specific psychology.
- Our assessments can be a helpful step for self-advocacy with employers, family members, or schools. They are not appropriate for legal cases or other situations which involve a need for quantitative reports.
- We do not provide follow-up assessment reports.
- You can pursue gifted coaching before or simultaneous to having an assessment. Many clients prefer to start gifted coaching right away, since our wait list for gifted assessments can sometimes be quite long. You will learn about many aspects of your gifted mind in coaching with us, even if it will not go as in-depth or as be as profile-specific as we do in giftedness assessments. To inquire about gifted coaching, simply tell us a bit about your coaching/mentoring needs in your assessment request email below or email us separately at email@example.com.
SCHEDULE & GET STARTED
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our contact form below to schedule an assessment with us. If you have any trouble with the form submission below, or you don't hear back from us within a week of submitting the form, please email us directly at email@example.com.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
I definitely feel I have benefited from my assessment session with Silver. Personally I think she does a refreshingly good job articulating the various “concepts” of gifted cognition and she managed to do so by specifically making sense of what applies to me. In general, I appreciate the way she explained everything during the call. As I reflect more, I realize that she was able to grasp and understand the reasoning/implications of what I was saying which subconsciously allowed me to explain how I really think. I almost always filter my communication with other people. In a lot of ways I feel accurately assessed and understood which is heartening. I feel she did a lovely job understanding the whole picture and also explaining everything to me, so I really appreciate it. I’ve have quite a positive experience working with her and I hope I’ll have the opportunity to work/learn more from her in the future as well.
I cannot thank Silver enough for this assessment. It is more than an evaluation, it’s a piece of Art. I was very nervous during our session and she did so well to put me at ease. I could feel physically this non-verbal communication that gifted people have flowing between us and energising-relaxing me. And it was a lot of fun too! I can’t explain but there were many layers to our communication that I could feel in my body. Her relational diagram is so accurate! Reading the report has helped me to understand better what you explained and I have felt things in my body reorganising since we spoke, it’s what you put together so well about my body and senses. How could she learn so much and so deeply about me? I am very happily surprised. This is incredible. Thank you so much.
My assessment session with Jen was great. I felt excitement and joy afterwards. For the first time I did not have to lie to myself to be able to relate to another person. That was really confusing at first, but I realised that feeling that way is a really good thing. Thanks Jen.
The assessment with Jen was wonderful! After having worked with her for a while before, it opened up new depth to understand myself, my gifted profile, and how work with it in all areas of my life. The insight will keep me fed for a long time, and felt incredibly liberating and warm. It touched on a layer I was only partially aware of before and felt like a great gift that I still am excited to play with and that inspires my curiosity and creativity. Like being shown the lego instructions for my mind, and then told they make sound and colours too. There were definitely challenging aspects to face as well, and I could not have wished for a better person to face them with, both during the assessment and in mentoring afterwards. Jen’s kind, warm, and objective interaction with me felt wonderful and supportive, and helped me feel seen and that she knows me well. I feel filled with gratitude to work with her, learn from her, and to have had the opportunity to have this assessment with her. This experience has opened a ton of new arenas for me in my own practice, my work, and my life to move towards growth, health, and balance. Thank you Jen!
I felt restricted by others, my environment and I had a genuine feeling of hopelessness. I was fed up of finding the overlap whilst communicating with another and squeezing my entire self into it. I actually just wanted to explore, learn and have fun. I wanted to interact with people on a light note whilst also being myself. Silver helped me explore my mind and reignite my spirit, she discovered so much I didn’t know about myself and also confirmed my thoughts about the things I suspected. It clearly felt like I was talking to someone who enjoyed to think and someone who had the information too. I found her to be really passionate and relaxed in her approach, she is open and honest and it was just an overwhelming experience as a whole. I felt the subtleties to the things she was saying connecting in my mind to make so much sense. After just a few minutes into our chat the chaos in my mind was already beginning to find order again. I really can’t remember the last time I had my expectations exceeded so substantially.
The assessment with Jen was like re-discovering myself with someone who could see me, articulate that which I couldn’t and validate it. The intense and ‘different’ parts of who I am have been kept in the peripheral and the assessment helped me bring them to the forefront with someone who has the authority and the compassion to say “I see you, and you’re okay”. Learning that there’s a reason for my sensitivities, and finally having a place or a label for the structures of my thoughts and reactions was like one giant exhale. Jen is kind, ridiculously smart and overall, a true badass. The assessment is an investment that I’d highly recommend to anyone with a subtle inner knowing that they’re different but who doesn’t have the tools or expertise to be able to pinpoint the how’s/what’s and why’s of it.
My assessment session had such an impact and has helped cause a major shift in my life. I have never been this happy before. Silver’s perspective helped my see myself in a light and with evidence I never considered. For the remainder of the week I have been celebrating and processing the insights she provided and a game plan for how to proceed. She had a solid plan and understanding from my notes of what may be the areas of giftedness. She processed my replies in real time, and enhanced her professional assessment of my skill set. Her extensive knowledge and use of many auxiliary branches of science helped compliment our conversation yet never got us off track. She did her work very well and I will benefit from it for the rest of my life. I am not overstating the impact our conversation had on me.
My assessment with Jen was a pivotal experience in my gifted development. She mirrored aspects of how my mind works to me, that I had always felt, but could never articulate nor access meaningfully. Thanks to the validation the assessment process offered, and the wealth of data I gained on how to understand my gifted mind, I can now learn how to bring those aspects of my into my life more fully.
During the assessment, Jen guided me through the process with clear information, delivered in an empathic and caring way, so that I felt very safe exploring these previously uncharted aspects of myself. She listened, understood, and responded to my questions and concerns in a way that I felt she really “got” what I was talking about and where I was coming from. She made specific and relevant connections from the information we covered in the assessment to my current life situation, so I could apply the data to my life straight away.
The process after the assessment resulted in a deeper integration of my whole personality at a holistic level: a true sef-development quantum leap whose reach I hadn’t expected. I’m feeling at home in my mind and body in a way I had not experienced before, even with over 15 years of dedicated self-development, and roughly 10 years of trauma healing under my belt.
Thank you Jen, and I hope many more people will continue to benefit from your expertise in this context of unique, deep self-discovery!
My internal world is quickly and completely re-organising after an assessment and just two coaching sessions with Silver Huang. Debilitating self-doubt clouded my ability to see myself as others see me, or understand that I have unusual abilities and extremely specific needs. Silver’s accurate perception has met my needs with the grace, raw honesty, and energy required to generate a self-healing process. After a forty years spent in hot pursuit of self-actualisation, work with Silver provided the immediate and novel opportunity to recognise, value, and trust my own gifts. Silver’s assessment skills are profound – this woman delivers. I sense unanticipated possibilities for this life; confident I will be well counselled during the journey ahead.
I just want to say I think it’s incredible that Silver self discovered such a vast understanding of the human mind and that she is a true inspiration to me and I am sure many others too. Really there is nothing more pleasant than hearing (and feeling) another mind dig deep into what is and what isn’t. It makes so much sense what she said. I feel so much clarity and now a sense of relief actually and I thoroughly look forward to her report and to future sessions with her. It was amazing, truly!