This online course, starting on February 7th with Jennifer Harvey Sallin is for psychologists, therapists, counselors or social workers who want to learn how to better serve their gifted clients. We will go into detail about the following topics (there is a lot of reading and homework provided, and live sessions are aimed at discussing and integrating the material together as a group while addressing your additional questions):
RECOGNIZING GIFTEDNESS IN CLIENTS
- How to recognize and evaluate giftedness, giftedness levels, and unique giftedness profiles
- How to bring up and address giftedness with a client
- How to overcome resistance to the idea
- Resources for client self-discovery inside and outside of therapy
MOST COMMON PROBLEM AREAS FOR GIFTED CLIENTS
- Social troubles
- Lack of peers
- Lack of recognition
- Romantic relational troubles
- Trauma / Complex Trauma
- Twice-exceptionality, Misdiagnoses + most common gifted/psychopathology overlaps
- How to best guide and support + resources
THERAPEUTIC DYNAMICS WITH GIFTED CLIENTS
- How to fully engage with gifted clients
- How to handle the overexcitabilities and intensity in sessions
- How to handle differences in giftedness levels between psychologist and client
- How to have good boundaries and when to use self-disclosure with gifted clients
- How to work with client when the psychologist is triggered by his/her own gifted issues
- When to see breakdown as positive disintegration, and when to see it as "clinical"; how to best help in both cases
- How therapy, coaching and mentoring can all help a gifted client, and when each is appropriate
- Common therapeutic trajectories for clients and how to help them transition from therapy to other forms of support
- Client drop out and how to maintain engagement
GIFTED PERSONAL & CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- Common gifted career dilemmas and how to approach them
- Helpful resources for gifted career exploration
- Giftedness and creativity
- Giftedness and spirituality/religion
- Tools of positive psychology for gifted self-development
UNDERSTANDING & WORKING WITH SPECIAL POPULATIONS
- Children, teens & adults
- Prison populations
- Twice-exceptional Clients
Our course starts on February 7th from 4-6pm Central European Time; the cost of each session (of which there are 6 in total) is 150 Swiss Francs. We meet on zoom.us.
Email us to join!
Here's what some of our participants have said about the coaches' version of this course...
"...This is the best course I've ever taken..."
"...I just want it to go on forever..."
"...The insights never stop! I'm learning about my clients but at the same time about myself..."
"...I can't think of a better way of approaching this long neglected area..."
"...For me, this course has provided immense value. At work, of course, but also at home - as a parent, I want to understand my child's intensities, and truly honor their difference..."
"...Being able to learn about this topic with my gifted peers is invaluable..."
About Jennifer Harvey Sallin
Jennifer is the founder of InterGifted and is a mentor and coach for gifted people. She specializes in mentoring and coaching highly, exceptionally and profoundly gifted adults. She also provides training and mentoring for gifted coaches and writes extensively on giftedness and self-development. You can find her articles here on IG’s blog and on her own blog at Rediscovering Yourself. She is happy to consult with you or connect you to our coaches in InterGifted’s Coaching Network. Feel free to reach out!
Leave a Reply