Esther also offers courses and workshops for gifted adults, coaches and therapists, to support their healing, integration, energy management, well-being and personal empowerment. Learn more, book a session or join an upcoming event with Esther via www.gifted-therapy.com.
More information & resources on therapy for gifted adults
If you are in search of a more traditional gifted-specific therapist, you may want to start your search with the SENG list of gifted-specific providers. As you search for a therapist, you may find some helpful information in this article by our founding director Jennifer Harvey Sallin: Supporting Gifted People: Guidelines for Therapists & Coaches (and Advice for Gifted Clients).
It may also be helpful to review what traditional therapy can address:
- Healing from physical and psychological trauma, as well as complex trauma, gifted-specific trauma and other childhood or adult emotional wounding and fragmentation
- Healing from break-ups, divorce, separation, abusive relationships or other relational rupture, and (re)learning to trust after trust has been broken
- Addressing states of apathy, depression, existential depression, anger, rage, grief, anxiety, toxic shame and toxic perfectionism
- Treating mental health issues and addictions
- Intensive couples- or family-oriented work to resolve long-standing conflicts
- Learning basic functional strategies for twice- or multi-exceptional challenges
- Learning basic self-reflection and self-regulation skills
If you are in a phase of your development where you are ready to focus on envisioning and building toward future goals, you may find that coaching and integration work are a better fit for you.
If you are a therapist wanting to specialize in working with gifted clients, we invite you to explore Jennifer Harvey Sallin's Gifted Psychology Training for therapists and coaches.