RECURRING WORKSHOPS, GROUPS & COURSES
Contact us to get on the waiting list for future offerings
GIFTED PSYCHOLOGY 101
There are two versions of this course with InterGifted founder and director Jennifer Harvey Sallin: a 12-session version for coaches or to-be coaches who are not trained in psychology, and a 6-session version for psychologists, psychiatrists and other professionals already trained in basic psychology. The aim of both courses is to provide helping professionals with the knowledge necessary to help your gifted clients. Sessions are monthly and include modules and homework; a certificate is provided at completion.
This course is for coaches or to-be coaches who are not trained in psychology. In 12 sessions, we cover the following themes, all from a gifted-specific point of view:
- The Benefits of and Difference Between Coaching, Mentoring + Therapy for Gifted Individuals
- The Gifted Brain, Giftedness Identification & Levels, Twice- and Multi-Exceptionality
- Recognizing Psychopathology Misdiagnosis in Gifted Clients
- Personality Development Models, including Dabrowski's Theory of Positive Disintegration
- Trauma + Trauma Healing, including Gifted-Specific Trauma
- Family Dynamics + Relationships, including Giftedness in Families
- Common Therapeutic Models & Therapeutic Dynamics
- Personal + Spiritual Development
- Career Psychology, including Common Gifted & Multipotentialite Dilemmas
- Positive Psychology + Promoting Mental Health
This course is for psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists, counselors, social workers or any helping professional who already has training in at-least basic psychology or a related field. In 6 sessions, it focuses in on these gifted-specific themes:
Recognizing giftedness in clients
- How to recognize and evaluate giftedness, giftedness levels, and unique giftedness profiles
- How to bring up and address giftedness with a client
- How to overcome resistance to the idea
- Resources for client self-discovery inside and outside of therapy
Most common problem areas for gifted clients
- Social troubles
- Lack of peers
- Lack of recognition
- Romantic relational troubles
- Trauma / Complex Trauma
- Twice-exceptionality, Misdiagnoses + most common gifted/psychopathology overlaps
- How to best guide and support + resources
Therapeutic dynamics with gifted clients
- How to fully engage with gifted clients
- How to handle the overexcitabilities and intensity in sessions
- How to handle differences in giftedness levels between psychologist and client
- How to have good boundaries and when to use self-disclosure with gifted clients
- How to work with client when the psychologist is triggered by his/her own gifted issues
- When to see breakdown as positive disintegration, and when to see it as "clinical"; how to best help in both cases
- How therapy, coaching and mentoring can all help a gifted client, and when each is appropriate
- Common therapeutic trajectories for clients and how to help them transition from therapy to other forms of support
- Client drop out and how to maintain engagement
Gifted personal & career development
- Common gifted career dilemmas and how to approach them
- Helpful resources for gifted career exploration
- Giftedness and creativity
- Giftedness and spirituality/religion
- Tools of positive psychology for gifted self-development
Understanding & working with special populations
- Children, teens & adults
- Prison populations
- Twice-exceptional clients
INDIVIDUAL STUDY & PRIVATE MENTORING:
There is also an individual-study option for both of these courses which includes individualized mentoring for where you are in your therapeutic or coaching practice. There is currently a waiting list for these sessions, but you can email Jen to express your interest and get on her wait list. You can also email her to get on the wait list for an upcoming course.
About Jennifer Harvey Sallin
Jennifer is founder director of InterGifted and is a psychologist, coach and mentor who specializes in providing training and mentoring for gifted coaches and other helping professionals who support the gifted; in performing giftedness assessments; and in mentoring profoundly gifted adults. She writes extensively on giftedness and self-development and you can find her articles here on InterGifted’s blog and on her own blog at Rediscovering Yourself. She is based in Switzerland and works with gifted adults throughout the world. Learn more about Jen here.
MINDFULNESS FOR GIFTED PEOPLE:
This is a recurring course with Kelly Pryde, as part of our Gifted Mindfulness Collective partner project. It is designed for gifted people who are ready to learn to connect with themselves authentically and support their intensities skillfully through the practice of mindfulness. It will help you cultivate a new relationship with yourself: think of it as “Gifted Self-Care 2.0”! Kelly will give you gifted-specific support to help you build the foundation for developing a personal practice. Sessions include thematic discussions, experiential exercises, a variety of mindfulness practices and homework assignments (to support your practice between sessions).
- Understanding mindfulness within the context of the gifted brain
- (Re)discovering intimacy with and authenticity of the gifted self
- Cultivating positive mind states that foster creativity, flow and intuition
- Learning the basics of somatic experiencing and meeting one’s gifted self with kindness
- Working skillfully with difficult feelings common to gifted people
- Cultivating compassion for the self and sustainable compassion for others
- 3 months free access to the Gifted Mindfulness Collective online practice community (includes brief daily meditations to support your practice, live community gatherings with gifted peers, and discussion forum)
- Unlimited access to guided audio meditations used in course
- Personalized coaching + support between sessions
Kelly also offers mindfulness coaching & support for gifted people on an individual basis. If you're interested in exploring the possibilities with her or getting on the wait list for our next offering of this course, email us.
EMBODIED MINDFULNESS FOR GIFTED PEOPLE
- Resourcing strategies for supporting overexcitabilities and the healing of gifted shame + trauma
- Understanding the neurobiology of the gifted mind-body connection
- Harnessing your innate capacity for growth, healing and wholeness
- Developing embodied boundaries; feeling more grounded and self aware to navigate relational challenges common to gifted people
- Cultivating embodied intuition along with deeper joy and authenticity of gifted living
Kelly also offers mindfulness coaching & support for gifted people on an individual basis. If you're interested in exploring the possibilities with her or getting on the wait list for our next offering of this course, email Kelly.
About Kelly Pryde, Ph.D.
Kelly is a neuropsychologist, coach and mentor specializing in giftedness and mindfulness-based approaches to living well with intensity. She lives in Canada and works with people of all ages to help them support their unique inner experience and thrive. Kelly is the founder of the Gifted Mindfulness Collective ― an InterGifted partner project. Feel free to get in touch with her to schedule a session!
GIFTED MULTIPOTENTIALITES GROUP
This 6-month group course with Marion Kee addresses the challenges and opportunities that come with being a gifted multipotentialite. Being a person with a fast mind, extreme curiosity, and lots of areas of skill and passion brings its own unique flavor to life and can be challenging in careers, school, relationships and even for self-image. This is due to being in a world where being a multipotentialite can be misunderstood as "lacking focus", "being unable to choose one thing", or other such judgments. This course explores these issues and tackles them one by one, in the setting of a group of peers (and a facilitator) who all know exactly what it's like to struggle and to want to thrive as a gifted multipotentialite. Sessions are scheduled monthly according to participant availability and last between 2.5 and 3 hours. Each session incorporates a reading-in-advance and a Q&A/group discussion based on that session's theme. The atmosphere is a cooperative, engaged group of dedicated individuals excited to make progress in their lives.
Themes covered in the course:
- Understanding multipotentiality (looking at the research, resources on giftedness and creativity)
- Career/job/school issues as a gifted multipotentialite; expectations, achievement and moving on
- The challenges of multipotentiality in relationships and family life; communication and negotiation
- Keeping a positive self-image in a world that doesn’t necessarily understand the gifted multipotential path and value; understanding our needs, honoring and accommodating the drive to develop
- Envisioning and shaping a balanced and fulfilling life as a gifted multipotentialite
- Next steps, practical considerations, planning for ongoing support, suggestions for further reading
Marion also offers coaching and mentoring for gifted multipotentialites on an individual basis. If you're interested in exploring the possibilities with her, or getting on the wait list for our next offering of this course, email her.
About Marion Kee
Marion is a profoundly gifted multipotentialite who has worked in a variety of fields throughout her professional life including research computer science and teaching philosophy in academia - always with writing and music having strong place in her life. As an InterGifted coach and mentor, she now supports other gifted youth and adults who are building or navigating their own creative careers and unique life mosaic. She is based in the US and works with clients all over the world.
LEGITIMIZING YOUR GIFTED NEEDS
This workshop with InterGifted coach Karin Eglinton is all about taking inventory of and legitimizing your gifted needs. Since gifted people are often told that their standards are too high and unrealistic by others who don't understand that gifted people have uncommon needs, this may lead them to deny or judge their own needs and try to live without getting them met. In addition to the material presented, there's an emphasis on interaction and learning through each other's experiences. These sessions hold rich, thoughtful and insightful discussions with your gifted peers and have sparked major insights and life changes for many of our participants.
This workshop helps you look at:
- how your gifted-specific needs have been minimized or unmet by others (and maybe sometimes yourself!)
- how you can get a better understanding of these uncommon needs
- how you can get these uncommon needs met in a non-gifted dominant world
- how you can better communicate your gifted needs so that others can respond in positive ways.
Karin also offers gifted needs legitimization coaching & support for gifted people on an individual basis. If you're interested in exploring the possibilities with her, or getting on the wait list for our next offering of this workshop, email her.
This four-part course with InterGifted Coach & Mentor gets to the heart of relational issues for gifted people. Many of us struggle to feel connected and to form the kind of meaningful social and romantic relationships we deeply desire. This comes as a result of multiple factors: our intensity and complexity may be misinterpreted and misunderstood and we may lack the kind of mirroring we need to understand ourselves well enough to know how and with whom we could truly connect. In this course, relational issues will be turned “inside out” as we explore the dynamics of self-relationship, and apply the tools of self-validation and non-violence to our inner worlds. With a positive self-relationship as a foundation, we then shift our focus to the external world to explore how you can cultivate a supportive ecosystem of connection, and how to refine your relational skills so you can bridge gaps of difference with others in your life. Learn more about the course in the course overview: wholeness-based-relating-module-overview
Part 1: The Relationship with Self
Part 2: Cultivating our Relational Ecosystem
Part 3: How Connection Fuels Maturity + Development
Part 4: Communication, Negotiation and Agreements
Karin is also available for individualized coaching and mentoring for gifted adults working on relational issues and building up their self-validation and relational skills, so if you'd be interested in exploring either joining her next course or working with her in private coaching, email us!
About Karin Eglinton
Karin is a mentor, coach and teacher for gifted adolescents and adults. Guided by holistic and systemic principles, she supports her clients in their full, emergent unfolding. In individual sessions, courses and workshops, she helps clients and students discover how they can weave the gifted cognition into concrete, creative action, harness their potential, and thrive in the world. She is based in Germany and works with clients around the world.
GIFTED WRITERS WORKSHOP
- Understanding the writing process for gifted people
- Developing a unique, truthful writer’s voice
- Finding inspiration, everywhere
- Experimenting with structure, language, style, and perspective
- Selecting one’s readers and communicating with them
- Submitting writing to a public, including autobiographic writing
- Giving & receiving constructive feedback
Jan also offers writing support for gifted writers on an individual basis. If you're interested in exploring the possibilities with him or to get on the waiting list for the next offering of this course, email us.
About Jan Provoost
Jan is highly gifted, an introverted multipotentialite who has writing and reading among his many passions. As a professional science writer, he reports on technological advances in such varied domains as artificial intelligence, neuro-electronics and solar cells. In private, his writing and reading also include mystery and beauty, the past and future, autobiography and memory, the color blue, and more. He's currently working toward becoming a public speaker and climate change activist. As an InterGifted Writing Coach, he supports gifted writers to develop their content and unique writing voice. Jan is based in Leuven, Belgium and works with writers all over the world. Feel free to reach out!